General process and timeframe
Howard Center strives to respond to all applicants within five to ten business days. The general timeline from the date you submit your application to a confirmed start date is one to six weeks, as outlined below:
- Application review
- Phone screening
- Reference checks
- Job Offer
- Background checks. Depending on the position, this may require:
- License(s) check
- Education check
- Establish/confirm start date
During your onboarding period, Howard Center staff will provide the training you need to allow you to succeed in your new position. In addition to general trainings that are required of all new employees, you can expect specialized trainings that may be required for your specific position or program.
Below are some of the key steps required during your onboarding period:
- Orientation: This general training is required for all recent hires and is typically scheduled on a Monday.
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Staff badge is issued
- Program specific training(s)
- Human Resources required training
- Safety training (program specific)
- Introduction to staff and leadership
Documents required to work for Howard Center
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Click here to view a list of acceptable documents.
Documents required to apply
- Cover Letter
- Resume, CV, or Summary of Work Experiences