Consumer Grievance and Appeal Rights at Howard Center

Under Vermont Global Commitment to Health, the Department of Vermont Health Access (DVHA) has established a process for you to resolve problems about your care at the Howard Center.  For example, you might be dissatisfied because your treatment or service team changes the kind or amount of services you receive.

Howard Center has a Grievance and Appeals Coordinator. They can be reached by calling 1-802-488-7195 or e-mailing clientG& The staff at Howard Center will help you understand how the process works.  If you need help filing your grievance or appeal, or understanding the process, the staff will assist you.

  • You can file a grievance with any Howard Center staff member.
  • You have the right to file a grievance or appeal without retaliation or discrimination.

You can ask any Howard Center staff member for information on how to file a grievance or appeal.

Read the full policy here

Grievance and Appeals Procedure

Grievance and Appeal Form