At Howard Center, our programs value personal growth and focus on fostering strong, uplifting connections within our community. We believe that everyone deserves access to the mental health services they require, right within their own community.
The Street Outreach Team serves the community of Burlington.
The Community Outreach Team currently serves nine towns and cities in Chittenden County: Colchester, Essex, Hinesburg, Milton, Richmond, Shelburne, South Burlington, Williston, and Winooski.
Outreach in Burlington
Outreach in Other Locations
About Street Outreach & Community Outreach
The Howard Center’s Outreach Teams provide a wide range of services for individuals and families, including those with mental health, substance use, housing, or other social service needs. Here are some key aspects of the program:
- Outreach specialists collaborate with police and service providers to coordinate support for individuals with various needs.
- Assists businesses in downtown areas and helps service providers by accepting referrals for individuals requiring social service supports.
- Outreach workers offer support and respond to unmet needs related to mental illness and substance use.
- Clients can self-refer or be engaged by team members on the streets or in neighborhoods.
- Referrals come from service providers, police, family, friends, merchants, and concerned members of the community.
Outreach Teams are not long-term services, they are responsive to immediate needs of community members, providing individuals with support and connecting them with long-term resources.
The Street Outreach Team plays a vital role in supporting the community, connecting individuals to the necessary services and promoting a safer environment in Burlington.
Inspired by the success of the Street Outreach team in downtown Burlington, Howard Center and several towns and cities partnered to expand outreach services in nine towns and cities in Chittenden County.
The Community Outreach Program at Howard Center offers services to adults, young adults, and families in the following communities:
Colchester, Essex, Hinesburg, Milton, Richmond, Shelburne, South Burlington, Williston, and Winooski.
Street Outreach Hours
Mon/Tues: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wed/Thurs: 8 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sat/Sun: 10:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Community Outreach Hours
Mon – Fri: 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Community Outreach is closed on weekends and agency holidays.