Helping Vermonters Live Independently Since 2006
What is Safety Connection?
Safety Connection promotes health and wellness by combining innovative technology and professional staff to deliver overnight, in-person supports when needed.
“Safety Connection is good for me because I find there is someone I can talk to at night if I need them. They are always ready to help me.”
-Safety Connection Client
How We Help
• Promote health and wellbeing through personalized check-ins, reminders, and environmental monitoring.
• Combat loneliness and isolation through Community of Care outreach.
• Support community living and aging in place by providing individualized supports that adapt to changing needs.
• Decrease the use of emergency services by providing prevention-focused care delivered by trusted professionals.
What We Offer
- In-person response
- Focus on wellbeing
- Nightly check-in
- Community of Care outreach
- Person-centered planning
What Makes Us Different?
• Dignity Safety Connection believes that people should have choices about their living situation. Our goal is to provide supports that promote independence and self-determination.
• Independence Safety Connection believes in creating opportunities for independence. Our supports empower people to remain in their homes by providing peace of mind and fostering community connections.
• Community inclusion Safety Connection believes that trusted relationships and community ties foster belonging and inclusion. Our Community of Care is there when you need it.
• Professional monitoring since 2006
• Clinically trained operators and responders
• Affiliated with Howard Center, a pioneer in person-centered, community based care
• Increased satisfaction with living situation
• Housing stability and delay of out-of-home care
• Decreased use of emergency medical care through prevention-focused services
State-of-the-Art Personal Emergency Reporting System (PERS)
- PERS technology
- Fall detection
- Personal help button
- Hands-free, two-way voice
- Environmental monitoring
When to Consider Safety Connection
• You or a family member wish to age in place and need the security of knowing that support is there when it is most needed.
• You or a family member is concerned about health and well-being.
• You or a family member feel isolated and lonely and would benefit from a regular check-in.
• You or a family member are interested in supports that may prevent or delay nursing home placement.
Still Have a Question? Contact us:
Kevin Hutt, Senior Manager
208 Flynn Avenue
Burlington, VT U.S.A.