Welcome to Howard Center. We offer a full range of mental health, substance use, and developmental disability services to children, adults, and families in Chittenden County. We hope you find the information on our website about our services and resources helpful.
If this is a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a crisis, please call 802-488-7777, First Call for Chittenden County, our 24/7/365 mobile crisis service. Our clinicians offer phone and in-person support, in-person assessment, short-term crisis management, referrals to appropriate services, and information about community resources.
To speak with a staff member about our services, call 802-488-6000.When you call, you will speak to a Howard Center staff who can arrange interpreter services for the phone call at no cost.
Some of the many services we offer include:
- intake and assessment services
- crisis and counseling services for children, adults, and families
- support services for people with autism and intellectual disabilities
- counseling and medical services for people with substance use disorders
- intensive services for people with serious and persistent mental health challenges
- education and school services for children, youth, and young adults
- residential support and services
We provide compassionate care and treatment. We may help people for just a short time or we may
help them for their entire lives. We help young and old alike. We help people in their homes, on the job,
in our downtowns, and throughout our community. We hope that if you require support or services that you will truly find that Help is here.
Bob Bick, CEO