An innovative post-secondary education and independent living program for students with intellectual disabilities and autism, provided by Howard Center in collaboration with area colleges and universities.
- Year program started: 2008
- Location: Downtown Burlington
- Student age range: 18-25
- Program capacity: 14 students
- Number of residential locations: 2
- Length of program: 2-3 years
- Full year-round programming
- Education: SUCCEED offers a life skills seminar class each semester on campus at the University of Vermont. Students also enroll in at least 1 course per semester at a local college or university of their choosing.
- Campus Life: Students receive UVM IDs that give them access to most campus based events and activities.
- Career Development: Students who qualify for career supports work one-on-one with a Howard Center Employment Advisor who provides career development guidance.
- Independent Living/Student Housing: Our residential sites provide a variety of social opportunities and independent living experiences.
- Additional: Each student is assigned a Program Manager who coordinates and oversees all services provided by Howard Center. All students receive free CCTA bus passes as well as access to the Burlington YMCA.
- All students must be found eligible for adult developmental services and qualify for Medicaid Waiver funding.
- There are two program expenses not covered by Medicaid Waiver funds: college course tuition and room and board.
- Students who qualify for Social Security use these monthly benefits to pay their room and board.